Facebook, My Friend, the Omnipresent and Ubiquitous Social Networking Site, was developed by Mark Zuckerberg in his dorm. It now has become our way of life.
I do one thing best in life and that is face booking.
Years of doing this, has helped me figure out the various types of Facebook users.
I may be perfectly wrong but that is age catching up and muh brain wilting, you see!
1) Top of the heap has to be the Forum Fury waalas/waalis. They are upset about global warming, forest fires, female infanticide, women’s rights, depleting animal population, wrong depiction of the fairer sex. Etc. You get the general drift. This fury is a good thing actually. Especially for literate Philistines like Moi, these knowledge posts help in expanding my rather limited mental horizons and stay update.
2) Following closely the first group are these highly Emotional Melodramas who vomit their every volatile feeling, online, almost every instant. It could be work related separation from husband, their latest gourmet creation, a fight with pet cat, passing away of hollywood’s 40’s star or plain old diarrhea of their child. Nothing is too less not to be shared.
3) Feeling ecstatic with XYZ and 49 others. Now this is a very Groupie group. You could be tagged along with 49 others to feel ecstatic for a variety of reasons. Exercise marathon in the local gym, Nursery school admission or a Seva ceremony. The best way to remain sane is to simply untag yourself.
4) The Know All Judgemental Ones. Most of the forums have these erudite ones, who have ready answers for all our vexing questions and have nothing but disdain for those who do not come up to their high moral standards. God save those blithering plebeians. These wise ones have moulds in cast iron and one needs to fit them to pass muster.
( I have a feeling, I’m a groupie 4! My this bordering on over smartness post is a sure testimony. What say?)
5) Then there are those – Been There Done That and now I have to suffer this callow inexperienced idiot – types! The sheer ennui they have towards the lesser endowed, has to be seen to be believed. They have one survival mantra. “Just chill me Na! or Take a chill pill Honey”, which on hindsight is a great advice to live by.
Somehow I get the feeling, Dear Reader, I am going to get that advice from you.
6) Every one has One such Friend who insists on sharing all 207 photos of their recent trip to Scotia Nova. You better Like, No Love, all of them. She will return the favor right, when you upload your pics? The aphrodisiac power of Likes!
7) A slightly not so cool group which insists on sharing the Shiva and the Jesus messages with a rider of Press 1 like = 100000 blessings or something like that. No glad tidings here. Stay Safe
8) Then there are various Contest Participants who apart from writing earth shattering stuff, need to also gather stratospheric eyeballs. They will share the URL and then ping you personally or message you to like, share, comment. Yours truly is also guilty as charged.
Hey favors taken will have to be favors returned.
9) Some people have such a Happening Life on Facebook. They check in at every mall, pub, restaurant, parlor, supermarket, giving away their location at every event.
Not very safe. Me? I’m just checking!
FB you see, is a great addiction. But seriously, If you don’t safeguard your profile, all and sundry would be writing on your wall and sending you friendship requests!
Facebook is a great handy tool. It depends on you, how you use it and make the best of it.
On a bored afternoon, I was doing, what I did the best with an utterly blissed out look.
One of my friends had published a blog. As I went through her post, I saw her gushing friends had suggested her to join the A-Z 2016 blogging challenge and had even kindly gave the URL too. I quickly did a Cut, Copy, Paste as I remembered my very erudite friends doing this challenge the previous year and going utterly ga ga over it. And then completely forgot all about.
Life chugged along with the same is, as is, status quo. As is usual, I woke up at the last minute when a friend posted about this challenge and God only knows why, tagged me.
And all hell broke loose. I scurried from forum to forum, gathered relevant links and then managed to register.
What a wonderful exercise, it turned out to be. I had no clue what to to write and how to. I had no idea if anyone from the core team would ever read my tripe ( which unfortunately they did and then commented too which lead to my temporary demise. I shortly then revived, when faced with vexing questions like “What’s for food?” )
I managed to survive this challenge with the help of friends(old and new) Vasudha, Namrata, Deepti, Soma. This writing challenge has also helped me to write the first draft of my novella.
I realized I could produce 500 random words easily and stitch them together as a Kitschy narrative.
What tomorrow gives? I know Not, But today I sleep proud at a job well done
Needlessly to say, I would be among the first ones queuing up, next year.
Cometh April, Cometh AJ
So there, you have been forewarned 😀